Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

email attachments

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

email attachments

I am back to ACT after a ride on the Salesforce train.  We just installed ACT 2013 and have everyone setup on the internet sync.

The 1st issue I ran into is saving email attachments,  Outlook sync works to save the email but not the attachment.  DO I have to go back to saving the attachment in a folder and then attaching the document to the sales opportunity or contact record.

Someone please tell me no?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: email attachments

If you want to automatically have the attachments save, then you need to change the preferences in the outlook setup on the "Email - Record History" tab of the setup to be "E-mail, subject, and message and all attachments".

Keep in mind, all these files will go in the attachments folder of the database and with multiple users can grow pretty quickly.

Perhaps for outbound emails that do not have important attachments it would be best to over-ride the "Save as attachment" and use "Save as subject and message" - this will not create a file, just an entry in the database which is more efficient.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Jchaseblk,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It sounds like you need to update your recording options to include attachments.  Here is an article with the steps for Outlook integration: KB Article 26832

Look at steps 8 and 9 (images '5 of 8' and '6 of 8'), they are probably set to 'Email Subject and Message' - change them to 'E-mail subject, message and all attachments'.

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

If you want to automatically have the attachments save, then you need to change the preferences in the outlook setup on the "Email - Record History" tab of the setup to be "E-mail, subject, and message and all attachments".

Keep in mind, all these files will go in the attachments folder of the database and with multiple users can grow pretty quickly.

Perhaps for outbound emails that do not have important attachments it would be best to over-ride the "Save as attachment" and use "Save as subject and message" - this will not create a file, just an entry in the database which is more efficient.

Thank you, that worked

Thanks for the information.  I have the save attachment setting selected now and the body of the email is coming in as the attachmnet in the record history.  This is not saving the importnant attachments.  I need to save these attachments in the record is their an automatic way to save the attachments in the email into a contact record?

Platinum Super Contributor

Are you referring to saving the attachments in the Documents tab?

Or are you saying that the email history item doesn't contain the attachments?
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Hope no one minds if I tag along this thread.  I am having the same problem, however, I'm not saving anything to history.  All of my Preference settings are corrrect.  At one time I also had AddIns in Outlook that would let me do this manually, however, they are now gone.  I have ACT2012 Premium and Outlook 2010.  The "email attachment" knowledge article is generic enough that it does not cover my issue. 

Will certainly appreciate any input.

Bronze Super Contributor

Check in Outlook for "disabled addins" and see if ACT! addin is in the list...

Tuned Listener

Thanks for answering so quickly.  ACT Addins is in the active part of the list.  What else can i look at?

I also see that my ACT Address Book is not in the list of Address Books. so far, i've not been able to revise this because it does not show in the address book list.

Bronze Super Contributor

In ACT! go back to the Preferences for Outlook email integration and add your database for the address book...