Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

editing User 1, - User 4 from Character to Memo Fields

Tuned Listener

editing User 1, - User 4 from Character to Memo Fields

I am working to get more information from ACT! 2008 into my BlackBerry Torch.  I do a USB sync with Companionlink Professional software.  It works fine.  In field mapping, I could see that the User 1 though User 4 fields will sync over to the BlackBerry in the Contact's information. 

To get more information into these fields, I have edited fields User 1 through User 4 from Character to Memo Fields.  I thought I had a successful conversion.  I was able to put to extended wording in a record and successfully sync it.  The info moved to the contact record on the BB.  When I went to start copying and pasting information from memo fields in other records to the User 1 - User 4 memo fields.  User 1 - User 4 act as Character fields, cutting off the information.

I went back into Toots / Design Layouts / Contacts.  Then click View / Properties Window.  In the properties window , there is the field drop down box.  All fields have two listings ie. City (field) and City (text).  I have noticed that User 1 - User 4 does not have the associated (text) listed, while User 5 - User 10 show both.  How do I add back User 1 (text), etc.  I also notice in the Properties Window, it does not show User 1 - User 4 as memo fields.

What can I do to accomplish my goal?

Thanks,

Jack

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: editing User 1, - User 4 from Character to Memo Fields

You don't have drop downs with a memo field.

Personally, I use Handheld Contact, which gives me up to 76 fields ... so no need for workarounds like you're attempting
Tuned Listener

Re: editing User 1, - User 4 from Character to Memo Fields

Thank you!  I got my work around figured out.  I will look at handheld in 6 months.  Tyring to work with I have as I get my business tourguideflorida.com off the ground.