Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

edit list value doesn't update client record

Accepted Solution Solved
gdp
Accepted Solution

edit list value doesn't update client record

When I go into a field with a drop down box and change the title using "edit list values", the client record still shows the old title checked and nothing checked in the new title.  I think that by editing the title, the record should update automatically.  Can someone help me?  Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author gdp
‎11-18-2015 08:49 AM
Administrator

Re: edit list value doesn't update client record

[ Edited ]

Hi gdp,

This is expected behaviour. The value in the drop-down will not change if the drop-down's defined values are changed. The new value will become another value which you can select in the drop-down. This is to avoid accidental data changes over multiple records.

You can change all the current values of the drop-down field you have amended, by performing a lookup for that particular field containing the value you wish to replace, then Edit > Replace Field, selecting the drop-down field and typing the new value. This will change all values in the lookup for that particular field.

If you're not familiar with this tool, make sure you backup your database before making any changes in case there is a mistake.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author gdp
‎11-18-2015 08:49 AM
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi gdp,

This is expected behaviour. The value in the drop-down will not change if the drop-down's defined values are changed. The new value will become another value which you can select in the drop-down. This is to avoid accidental data changes over multiple records.

You can change all the current values of the drop-down field you have amended, by performing a lookup for that particular field containing the value you wish to replace, then Edit > Replace Field, selecting the drop-down field and typing the new value. This will change all values in the lookup for that particular field.

If you're not familiar with this tool, make sure you backup your database before making any changes in case there is a mistake.

gdp

Exactly what I needed to know!  Thank you so much.