Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

e mail history

e mail history

I am a new user and have a data base set up.  I wanted to keep an ongoing record of e mails sent to clients.  When I send it through Act or Outlook it occasionally records it in history, but not always.  Is there a setting or procedure to get it into history every time.

Re: e mail history

What version of ACT! and Outlook?

History should record for every email being sent if the contact exists in your ACT! database.

I am also a new user and I have experienced the same problem.  How did you solve the e-mail history issue?  A history was maintained in my files for several weeks and then recently my history is not logging e-mails that I know have been sent.   Please help.

Thank you.

Copper Contributor

We are using ACT 2008 with Outlook 2003 and have the same problem as mentioned above.  ACT always doesn't record the history of e-mails being sent from Outlook.

I have ACT 2009 Premium and Outlook 2003. My e-mails were being recorded in history fine up until a couple days ago. It was working earlier that day but I  noticed later that nothing was being recorded in history. I checked and it has not been disabled.

Any suggestions??

Try starting/restarting Act.Outlook.Service.exe

1. Open Task Manager and select the processes tab.
   2. See if Act.Outlook.Service.exe is there. If so, end process on it.
   3. Now go to the following location to start Act.Outlook.Service.exe - C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows
   4. Test!
Copper Contributor

David I tried this but still my history is not recording e-mails sent. The way we send them is to merely click on the mailto: hyperlink which opens a new message in outlook and from there we write the e-mail and send.

Is this the way to do it or should i be going throught the mailmerge process to get it to record?

Thanks

Carl

Is the ACT! address book added in Outlook?  Do you see the ACT! icons and record history toolbar in Outlook?
Copper Contributor

Hi David,

No neither the address book nor the icons/toolbar appear in outlook. I do get an error message whenever i open oulook, although can't find anything about it.

Message reads

"The ACT! Address Book service in not properly configured, or the configured database **************.pad is locked. Do you want to configure it now?"

When i click on yes it does nothing. Oulook opens and thats it. I have deleted the address book through Tools/Account Settings in Outlook then tried to reconfigure the e-mail setup in ACT but still no joy :-(

I am running Vista Ultimate (not sure if its 32 or 64 bit or anything) Build id 6001: Service Pack 1. I have two other machines running XP SP2 and it appears to be working on theres although no tool bar. Just two icons. Is this all that should appear?

Thanks in advance

Carl

Try going through the following knowledgebase article.

ACT! Icons Missing From Outlook® Tool Bar