Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

duplicate Smart Task entries

Copper Contributor

duplicate Smart Task entries

I have Smart Tasks to fire when conditions are met the problem is that I often get 2, 3, 4 and more instances of the same Smart Task step populated on the Task List.

I would like to automate my workflow and ST is the only option in Act. I am now looking at Act alternatives that have a workflow component. Any suggestions?

Anyone having this problem? Anyone found a solution?

David

Silver Super Contributor

Re: duplicate Smart Task entries

Did you check the box that said do it once per contact?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Thanks Stan.

I did not, the reason being is that I want the ST to repeat when it is finished. For example, I have the following steps that are triggered when conditions are met: Call, Email. When they are done, I would like the process to start again. But now when the fist step is triggered I get 2, 3, 4 and sometimes more multiples of the same first step, the Call.

Can't figure out why.

David

Copper Contributor

Hi Stan,

I tried again, checking Run Only Once for each record and the same problem occurs, multiples of the the same step populated in task list.

David

RJS
Copper Contributor

on a custom task, if I go in to check my settings and leave the screen by choosing Cancel instead of OK, the box that was Checked to only send once, now Unchecks. This will happen everytime I go to look at the task and do not choose Okay when leaving. This does NOT happen with the smart tasks that come with ACT. Try this and let me know if you have the same? Tech support said they saw the same happen when I spoke to them last week.
Rob
RobJSinger.com
Silver Super Contributor

I just tested it on ACT! 2013 and had the same results.  It unchecked the box that I had previously checked if I cancelled out of the edit window.  I think there is a pretty good possibility that might be causing some of these issues.  I'm going to check in ACT! v16 in a few minutes.  I'll post back what I find out.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Silver Super Contributor

I just tested it on ACT! v16 and if you edit a custom Smart Task and then cancel out of it that it unchecks the run once per contact option if it was previously checked.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
RJS
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

that caused me grief for a day.!

Try this one, every time you enable or disable the smart task it will add more and more parenthesis around you search criteria. As you know  for any changes to take effect you need to do this each time a change is made.

If you enable and disable many times the software will add that many parenthesis around the search results. This will causes the search to not work.

For basis criteria, there should be just 1 parentnesis at left side of first search line, and 1 parenthesis at right side next to last search line.

Let me know if this happens to any of you.

Between these 2 software errors I spent 2 entire days trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Rob
RobJSinger.com
Copper Contributor

Note that checking or unchecking  "Run Only Once" does not solve the problem of multiple entries. It continues to populate 2,3,4,5 and more instance of the same ST step in the Task List even when it is checked.

Silver Super Contributor

If the task is creating an activity and the box is checked then it should only create one activity for the contact.  If it is creating more then it is not working properly.  The box should definitely be checked in most cases.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com