Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

drag n drop from outlook

drag n drop from outlook

i'm running act 2008 version 10 and outlook 2003.
Wondering if I can drag an outlook email attachment directly from Outlook into an Act's contact document list other than first saving the Outlook attachment and then dragging.

If this can be done in a later version of any of these applications, please advise.
Bronze Contributor

Re: drag n drop from outlook

You cannot drag into documents but you can drag into the histroy TAB from Outlook.

I tested this in version12 butnot sure about version 10

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

thanks for your reply

please explain what occurs when dragging to history tab. does this accomplish creating an attachment to the open contact so that the dragged document is now listed on the documents tab?

I would like to clarify my question:

can a document that is attached to an outlook email be dragged into an act contact as a document attachment?

If so, which version starts supporting this feature as i would upgrade if necessary from version 2008

Bronze Elite Contributor

I have never seen this work. It looks as if it may save as the dragged object icon appears through the attempt, but it never displays in History tab.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

thanks for your reply

how about having the entire email message attach itself as a document attachment? If I drag an email message to the history or document tab, would it display as an attachment in the documents tab? If so, what version of Act would support this

Bronze Elite Contributor

Not supported

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog