Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

documents do not attach to history

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: documents do not attach to history

Once you have downloaded the file, your would browse to where you saved it on your system, then double-click the file to run it. Make sure that ACT! and all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) are closed first.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

that's what I thought but the icon is blank i.e. it doesn't know what programme to open it with. when you double click it, it asks what programme you would like to use to open it. i've re-named it with an .exe extension which runs command prompt but I just get an error message.

What operating system are you using?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

hi - i am using xp pro sp3

Download the .cmd file again...to your Desktop. Then right-click on the the downloaded file and select Properties. In the Properties box, click the Unblock button at the bottom, click Apply, then OK, then attempt to run the file again.

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

Hi I've unblocked the file but it's stil not worked.  The file is a .cmd and Windows Cp does not recognise it. When I try to run it Windows asks me, which program I want to use. Can you tell me how to run the .cdm file?

Thanks in advance.