Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

documents are saving as shortcut paths

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

documents are saving as shortcut paths

I have ACT Pro 2013.  This morning I was uploading documents into opportunities without any issues.  I must have changed a setting because this afternoon when I upload a document, it saves it as a shortcut path instead.  The actual document is not saved.  The document type does not seem to matter; they all upload as shortcuts.  Any ideas what settings I should change to correct this? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: documents are saving as shortcut paths

I just figured out what I was doing wrong. When I was attaching documents, I was inadvertantly clicking on "shortcut" instead of "file". I had been doing so many things in the system, I thought it was a setting I had changed. I guess I was overthinking it!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I just figured out what I was doing wrong. When I was attaching documents, I was inadvertantly clicking on "shortcut" instead of "file". I had been doing so many things in the system, I thought it was a setting I had changed. I guess I was overthinking it!
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Travis,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Thank you for posting an update to your issue. We are glad to hear it is resolved.

As FYI: You can also drag/drop items into the Documents tab. You don't have to use the add document button.
Greg Martin
Sage

Great to know...thank you!