Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

directing outbound mail from a contact or mail merge to a specific email account

directing outbound mail from a contact or mail merge to a specific email account

I have 2 email accounts, one is mine and one is for the company (using Outlook).  Need to know how, when doing mail merge or sending an email from a contact, to select the appropriate email account.  

Bronze Contributor

Re: directing outbound mail from a contact or mail merge to a specific email account

I wish that were possible, but I believe that is not an option. 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: directing outbound mail from a contact or mail merge to a specific email account

If I follow you, you are saying that you have two accounts set up in Outlook.

Sending an email from Act! doesn't really have any impact on this - Act! will just populate the Outlook send dialog box with the contact's email address and then it is done.  From there you select the account you are sending from, right?  Using the "Account" button in outlook under the send button...

The mail merge on the other hand, if you send it to "email" will send it right out w/o presenting the Outlook send dialog, so it will use the default account as per settings in Outlook Accounts.

Bronze Contributor

There are two methods you could achieve this result

1. Setup two profiles in Outlook instead of multiple accounts in a single profile

2. Purchase a 3rd party email application for doing mail merge like mail merge from crm addons. This would allow you to send mail merges from either accounts that is configured. www.crmaddons.com

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.