Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

design text box

Tuned Listener

design text box

I have not been able to get any responses from my post. I have a field I created in the Design Layout. It is a simple text box, but it was brought up from the fields in the bottom window. This one was a user field. I now have a handle on how to do it better using the field tools and edits. But, I want to be able to see my field in the Contact List window. When I create a new field to my liking, the previous version of my field does not transfer its datum. Is there a way I can transfer the datum from my old field to the new one without doing so one contact at a time? thank you.
Sussertown
Bronze Contributor

Re: design text box

If you have a lookup of all the ocntacts that have data in the field you want to move and use the Edit,Replace option to move the data from one field to another.
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Tuned Listener

So I do a look up of data, select the user field with the current data and then in the "value" box, type the name I gave the new field.
Sussertown
Bronze Contributor

I just reread your post and probably the option to use is Edit either Swap Field or Copy Field to copy the data from the old field to the new field
Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Tuned Listener

Copy sounds a little safer. If it works than I can delete the old field.
Sussertown
Bronze Contributor

Good choice
Paul Buchtmann