Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

deploy sql server express and attach demo database

deploy sql server express and attach demo database

I am trying to install Act v18 on a Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) client. I have tried the installation several times and it always stops at the following: "deploy sql server express and attach demo database" I think I may have a corrupted installation. Any ideas on how to clean up the install or deal with this situation?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: deploy sql server express and attach demo database

On some systems that step can take an inordinate amount of time.  Try waiting 20 minutes or so and see what happens.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Thanks Stan - patience is a virtue. Took about 45 minutes. Thanks again for your advice.

Silver Super Contributor

One of these days I'll figure out why it takes so long on some systems but for the time being it sounds like I should tell people to give it an hour instead of 20 minutes in the future.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Stan

I believe that all the ACT! install includes are auto-download-install links for SQL and part of the delay could be the download time.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Super Contributor

That's possible.  I haven't checked to see.  I'll have to take a look at that next time I do one.  SQL 2014 Express is only a 200MB download and Act! is a 360MB download these days so it may not be in the original download.  It should only take about half as long to download as Act! does.  Still worth looking into.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com