Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

deleting activities in 2009/11.0

deleting activities in 2009/11.0

How do I delete an activity for today and future, without deleting the past? In my previous version of ACT this was really simple and quick. I've had three tech support people tell me it can't be done. I can't believe this. It is inconceivable that ACT could have gone to market with such a major flaw. How do I do it?
Nickel Contributor

Re: deleting activities in 2009/11.0

Reoccuring activites are linked, you can either delete a single occurrence or all occurences of a reoccuring activity. It is possible to remove old cleared activites, but reoccuring activities are one, or all.

[ Edited ]
Dear Trusted Contributor, When a customer quits, I need to remove her from my future recurring activities [which I schedule a year at a time], but I do not want to remove her history from my calendar. In my previous version of ACT!, which I deeply long for, I had the option of deleting a single occurance, every occurrance, or today and future. Surely, there is still some way to delete today and future. HELP!!!!!!
Message Edited by dlunceford on 03-18-2009 10:46 AM

If the past activities are cleared, it will not delete cleared activity from the calendar when you erase the reoccurring activity.  Create a backup of your database before you delete the activities (File > Backup > Database).

Thanks! A appreciate the information. However, I have never cleared activites and I don't care to start now. I just want to go back to my old ACT!.