Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

deleted emails and folders

ddc

deleted emails and folders

this has happened to me twice, any suggestions.  i use internet mail with ACT 08.  on one occasion i set up addtional folders under my inbox, my computer was left on and went into suspend mode.  when it restarted all of additional folders as well as all of my emails, sent, deleted and inbox were empty.  the second time, i did not create the extra folders, however, my computer shut down (battery went dead while using) when I restarted, all of my emails, sent deleted and inbox were all gone.  any body have any suggestions what the issue might be?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: deleted emails and folders

Your emails may not be gone, just not accessible.  ACT! Support has a utility to recover lost emails, so I would advise calling them so they can remote into your system and see if the messages can be recovered. As for why they disappeared in the first place, you may have a damaged preferences file or your email message database (ActEmailMessageStore) may be damaged.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

ddc

Re: deleted emails and folders

if i call and this works, how do i prevent in the future?