Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

database synchronization expiry

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

database synchronization expiry

I use two copies of ACT - one is a master (main)  and one is a synchronized copy. 

I am currently in week 3 of a 4 week trip away from the main (using the sync copy).  I now receive repeated warnings that I have not synchronized for 17 days and that my database will expire if I don't synchronize.  I don't recall what I set the synchronization period to (I thought it was 8 weeks but could be wrong as the initial setup seemed to fail repeatedly with it set that high - but that's a different issue).

My question is - by the time I can next synchronize it will be closer to 4 weeks.  Will everything I have done during this period (in my sync copy of the database) be lost?  Will I be unable to synchronize back to the master?  If so, is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kenwiens
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: database synchronization expiry

Even if the remote database sync window passes/expires, the ACT! program is set up to allow 'one last' sync.  So, if your window is set to 30 days and you go 40 days without syncing, you will still be able to sync all of your changes.  Depending on the version of ACT! you are running, after the 'one last' sync - it may or may not allow you to continue to sync that particular remote database.  After connecting and performing the sync - test the sync process again to make sure you can continue to sync or see if you need to create a new remote database.  If you need to create a new remote, go ahead and do it before making additional changes to your existing remote database.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author kenwiens
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: database synchronization expiry

Even if the remote database sync window passes/expires, the ACT! program is set up to allow 'one last' sync.  So, if your window is set to 30 days and you go 40 days without syncing, you will still be able to sync all of your changes.  Depending on the version of ACT! you are running, after the 'one last' sync - it may or may not allow you to continue to sync that particular remote database.  After connecting and performing the sync - test the sync process again to make sure you can continue to sync or see if you need to create a new remote database.  If you need to create a new remote, go ahead and do it before making additional changes to your existing remote database.

Greg Martin
Sage