Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

database admin must log in first

Nickel Contributor

database admin must log in first

[ Edited ]

OK, im trying to make a coipy of my database to do some experimenting on. i log into my regular database and click to create a copy. I choose a new name for the new database and it seems to create the copy just fine.

Now i close ACT and go to load the new database. it says it has to update. This works fine. I then try to open th database it it constantly gives me an error messege saying the dtabase administrator has to log in first.  I AM the admin. i have to Users other than me set up on this database.

Any ideas?  ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367

edit:  ive tried making a blank cpy as well. when i do, it says the location is invalid and i have to shoose a location on my machine.

Message Edited by mvpulsts on 11-18-2008 11:01 AM
Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Nickel Contributor

Re: database admin must log in first

[ Edited ]

OK so even using the restore as feature on a backup wont work. i just tried that and the restore worked fine but when i tried to log into the database, it says "to complete registration, the database administrator must log in first"

what gives?  this is a very recent occurance. i havent istalled any other addins or anything...

edit:  I can log into the demo database just fine. havent played around with backing up and restoring that one yet. will try today

Message Edited by mvpulsts on 11-19-2008 08:59 AM
Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Bronze Elite Contributor

Just a thought

Make one of the other users an administrator.

Create the copy and try logging as them.

If you are on Vista open the ACT program as an administrator.

May help

Chip

Nickel Contributor

Good thought, didn't work. I created another user from an existing contact and made them an admin.  Made a backup of the database and did a resore as. same error message upon opening.
Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

I'm getting the same message.  Backed up on a previous machine and loaded my active DB without any problems on the new laptop (XP Pro).

Now I can't restore any earlier backup files.  I get either the above or an error saying that it cannot be restored from a previous version although it was backed up and restored in V11.

HELP - Same problem

just did reinstall of ACT, now getting same message

Now getting exceeded license message as well???

It sounds like ACT! isn't registered and you're not logging in as the database administrator.  Try registering ACT! and attempt to access the database.

It wasn't allowing me too.

AS soon as I hit Ok, the program closed.

Once it didn't I went to help, found registration, there is a log ther that was blank, added my reg & it worked.

Thanks, for the help.

Now Outlook isn't working (missing file - lets start over.....)