Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

data time zone

Copper Contributor

data time zone

I noticed that the data tables contain what look to be UTC times for completed activities (at least the completed activities, didn't look at scheduled).  Is there a way to manipulate a time zone setting so those times default to the time zone I'm in? Or, when writing a report, I'll have to account for that in the output (by subtracting 5 hours)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: data time zone

All date/time fields in ACT! store the date\time information in UTC format. The displayed date/time uses the computer time zone information to show the date\time information correct for the time zone where you are located.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

ok, thank you - so it's always stored UTC and converts at some point for display.

Another question - is the contactid tied to that specific contact record? If the company name changes, does that ID change, or if the contact name changes for a company, does that ID change (i.e. - does the ID "stay with" a specific contact). Trying to come up with a way to assign a value to a company name record that doesn't change (even if the name or contact is modified).

Administrator

The Contact/Company ID columns won't ever change unless the record is deleted and recreated (i.e. exported and reimported from excel)