Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

cutemailsenthistory() problem: Invalid pointer

Accepted Solution Solved
ddc
Accepted Solution

cutemailsenthistory() problem: Invalid pointer

I have always had some issue using Act and email, anywhere from having to restart Act because "there are no email clients set up" or something like that, to "cannot connect to the server".  Now out of the blue the email is barely processing any keystrokes, or is very very very slow, when you finally get it sent I get this "CutEmailHistory() problem: Invalid pointer"  Any suggestions?  I use Internet Mail and Act.  I do not use Oulook or Windows Mail.

i have read a couple of things regarding firewall settings and Act email trying to determine which email program to use.  tried these remedies to no avail.  I am using Vista and Act 10.  Any additional suggestions?  The email screen is extremely slow, as well if I try to choose a recipient, there are no contacts showing in the contact lists. 

Even though I have always had McAfee on the computer and there didn't seem to any issues, I went ahead and removed it.  I don't use other virus software.  At the moment I have Windows Firewall turned off.  I did notice that Vista uses windows defender.  I have not made any changes there, so I would assume that it is not the problem.  My email was working somewhat well one minute and the next I had this problem.  Any help would be appreciated.  Is it just me or does Act have an issue with email?  I have been using the product for nearly 10 years and email is the only complaint I have, it just never seems to be reliable.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ddc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: cutemailsenthistory() problem: Invalid pointer

A recent Windows update was about the Defender program.  Here's what I heard from within Sage.

They heard a few reports from their support team regarding Windows Defender and Word integration.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Entry.aspx?name=SettingsModifier%3aWin32%2fPossibleHostsFil...

Sage support was  able to specifically track down the cause as a Windows Defender update that went out on Monday, 3/9. The issue is that this update modifies the hosts.ini file, removing the loopback 127.0.0.1 from the file.

Check for Windows Defender and add the loopback address in. Sage is working on KB articles and clearer steps. 

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ddc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

A recent Windows update was about the Defender program.  Here's what I heard from within Sage.

They heard a few reports from their support team regarding Windows Defender and Word integration.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Entry.aspx?name=SettingsModifier%3aWin32%2fPossibleHostsFil...

Sage support was  able to specifically track down the cause as a Windows Defender update that went out on Monday, 3/9. The issue is that this update modifies the hosts.ini file, removing the loopback 127.0.0.1 from the file.

Check for Windows Defender and add the loopback address in. Sage is working on KB articles and clearer steps. 

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

ddc

thank you so much.  may you have a very blessed day.
Tuned Listener

Patricia,

I have tried the fix from Microsoft and it works for a short while. Each time requiring a restart of the system. How do I go about adding the loopback to windows defender?