Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

could not find stored procedure

could not find stored procedure

Hi There

I am loosing my time for 4 days now trying to install ACT! 2008 Version 10.0.1.199 and  my new HP Notebook fitted with Vista Prof.

Act! is the second sofwtare I install on this computer (after ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE 11).

I insert the CD ROM and the install seems to work fien even the MS SQL installation.

I then try, in order to check the proper installation, to open the demo ACT10 database.

First of all, I found 2 differents .pad files for demo database : the first one is instaleld on the public account on C as the second is installed under my proper account (I specified an installation for everyone who uses this computer even if I am the only one to use it !)

If I try to open any of these two demo . pad database I have the following message (in French but I translate)

Unable to acess to ACT!Demo database. to acess it please check your netwrok connection and verify if your database server can be accessed. It may be necessary to desactivate your antivirus software and firewall on your computer or on your server.

I then try to open the .adf database but an error massage opens as well (which is different) as follows (In english) :

Could not find stored procedure 'master.dbo.sp_get_ptaai'

I then tried to create a new database or to open an already existing database (a databse on which I am working on my WindowsXP SP3 with ACT! 10.0.1.199 and that works fine) but I got another eror message much longuer this time and that talks about SQL 

Act. D ata .ActDb.ActDb Exception: Could not find stored procedure 'ima5ter.dbo.&p_get_ptaai'. ---> Systenn.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'rnaster.dbo.sp_get_ptaai'.

a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCcnnecticn.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection]

a Systenn.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

a System. D ata. Sq ICI i ent.Td sP a rser.T h rowExc epti o nAndWa rn i n g (Td sP a r: erStateO bj ect stated bj]

a System.Data.SqlClient.TdsPa-rser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj]

a System. D ata. Sq ICI i ent. Sq I Data Rea d er. C o n su m eM eta Data Q

a System. D ata .Sq ICI i ent. Sq ID ata Rea d er. g et_M eta D ata Q

a System. Data. SqICIient.SqICommand. FinishExecuteReaderfSqlDataReader ds, RunB-ehavior run Behavior, String resetOptionsString]

a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCcmmand.RunE^ecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean a sync)

a System. Data. SqICIient.SqICommand. Ru n Exec uteReader(Comrn and Behavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior run Behavior, Boolean return Strea.rn, String method, DbAsyncResult result]

a System.Data.SqICIient.SqICommand.RunExecuteReaderfCommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method]

a System.Data.SqICIient.SqICommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method]

a System. Data .Sq ICI i ent. Sq IC o m m a n d. Exec uteDb Data Rea d er(C om rn a n d B eh avi o r b eh avi o r]

a System.Data.Co mm on.DbCommand.Sys-tem.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior]

a Act. Data. ActD b. ActDbC o m m a n d. ExecuteRea d er(C o m m a n d B eh a vi o r beh avior]

--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---

a Act.Framewcrk.Security.SeTongue TiedionManager.GetActAccessPassword(String host, ProviderType provider]-

a Act.Frarnework.ActDatabaEe.ActDatabaseManager.ClasEicRestoreDatabaseAstString databaseName, String databaseHost, String databaseType, String newTargetFolder, String userLogOn, String userPas:^crd, String zipFile, String zipPassword, ProgressEventHandler prcgressHandler, Boolean shareDataba-se]

a Act.Framevyiork.ActDataba5e.ActDatabaseManager.RestoreDatabaseAs(String databaseMame, String databaseHost, String databaseType, String newTargetFolder, String userLogOn, String userPa^^word, String zip File, String zipPass-word, SupplementalFileManagersfMgr, ProgressEventHandler progressHandler, Boolean shareData-base]

a Act.Framework.ActFramework.RestoreDatabaseAs(String databaseMame, String databa-seHost, String databaseType, String newTargetFolder, String userLogOn, String u^erPassword, String zipFile, String zipPasswc-rd, ProgressEventHandler progressHandler, Boolean shareDatabase]

a Act.UI.MaintenanceManager.RestoreData-baseAsTas-k.DoTaskQ

I have checked the SQL server that seems to work fine as automatic mode (only one instance MSSQL$ACT7)

IS ANY OF YOU CAN BE OF ANY HELP ????

Thanks in advance for your time and comprehension,

Zaza24

What is well thought is clearly explained and the words to tell come easily.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: could not find stored procedure

It would appear to be a bad installation SQL.  Are you installing SQL Express or SQL Standard?  And do you have any other programs using SQL on this machine?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Ghollister and thanks for your help and support !

I finally succeed to isntall ACT ! on my brand new HP Notebook (Model 6830s)

To answer your question not there was not other SQL instance running as ACT was the very first sottware I installed after format of the computer with the recovery partition of this notebook !

For your information I think but not sure that the HP protection tools are responsible for the trouble I encoutered you will find HERE the list of the different sofwtare installed on that machine when delivered !

Thanks anyway for your support !

Zaza24

What is well thought is clearly explained and the words to tell come easily.

zaza24,

I am experiencing the same horrible problem on a hp notebook, similar model. I have tried restoring factory settings and switching off Vista User Account Control (UAC) disabling firewalls etc etc and re-installing but I get the same problem.

I don't think this is to do with hp security as the only security things that are hp seem only to control logins.

Do you have any idea how you fixed this problem? I am completely stuck!

Thanks in advance,

Francis

I can confirm that ACT 2008 does not work on any PC with the HP protect tools installed.

Not sure why, but I tried to get it to work on multiple HP systems without any luck.

But here was the key to make it work.  After you uninstall the HP Protect tools (which takes multiple reboots), you then have to uninstall and reinstall ACT!

Just removing the Protect tools on its own does not let ACT start working...

So my guess is something about the HP Protect tools messes up the ACT! install.

Nickel Elite Contributor

This sounds like HP Protect tools are doing exactly what it is expected to do.  There must be documentation for this software on the machine that explains how to make exceptions to these tools @ install time. 

Have the ACT! installation disable / workaround this protection is a breach of security which is exactly what HP Protect tools must be designed to do.

This would be no different that a strict Antivirus or Firewall protection scheme that could be configured on any given machine.

Please check with HP Protect tools on how to install and configure software (allow exceptions) and services when the protection scheme is enabled.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Elite Contributor

Confirmed; this is the drect result of HP Protection. Had the exact same problem with the exact same resolution.

The program WILL need to be reinstalled once HP Protection Tools are removed for this to work. It will be fine once reinstalled.

Scott Lahn
Sage ACT! Customer Support