Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

converting standalone PC's to terminal server - bringing emails across

converting standalone PC's to terminal server - bringing emails across

Hi,

we have just upgraded to a 2008R2 terminal server, we are using ACT! version 12.1.181.0 hotfix 3

We have successfully disconnected and reconnected a database.

Now we are trying to bring the emails across. The first users emails are coming exporting and importing with no problems.

Whe we try to export and import the second user, it goes through the motions then does not show the emails and also wipes out the first persons emails.

I assume their is some procedure that we are not following which identifies each email user individually and stores them correctly in the database.

Could anyone shed any light please ?

Regards,

Greg

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: converting standalone PC's to terminal server - bringing emails across

Hello Greg,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

From the statement - 'successfully disconnected and reconnected a database' > are you referring to having moved a database from one computer to another?

If yes, did you move the '*databasename*-database files' along with the ADF and ALF?

I ask, because any existing emails attached to the database should still be in the database and not need to be imported.

Can you elaborate on how the database was moved and the reason for the export/import?
Greg Martin
Sage

Re: converting standalone PC's to terminal server - bringing emails across

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply and Happy New Year!

* yes, the database was on a standalone PC, with all the other PC's connecting to it, I disconnected the database then moved it onto the terminal server

* yes, I moved all the files into a directory on the terminal server

The reason for the move was a migration to a terminal server.

ACT!  is all working fine on the terminal server except for the emails, when i export and import into each individual user, the first user has the emails.

When I do it on a second user, the first persons emails are wiped out. I can repeat this process and import again for the first user, they return fine, but cannot get any more users emails imported.