Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

converting a v3-v6 database to 2007 v9.0

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

converting a v3-v6 database to 2007 v9.0

I have 2007 v9.0 and have a database from a previous version.  When I try to open the database it tells me that there are files missing and that i need to reindex the database.  I only have file and help on the toolbar and there is no reindexing anywhere that i can see.  I know that if you are in the database you can reindex it.  Unfortunately the only file i have is the .dbf and none others.  Can I still convert it to 2007 or am I stuck?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author seemre
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: converting a v3-v6 database to 2007 v9.0

I would open the DBF file in Excel and remove unwanted columns and then save the file as a test delimited file and import that into the ACT! database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

You do not have a complete ACT! 3-6 database, all you have is the contact table which contains the contact name and address information, you don't have any of the notes, history or activities. You can create a new ACT! 2007 database and import the file you have as a dBase file.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

that definitely got me closer.  When i went to import it, i got an error message saying that there were too many fields.  Is that too many fields in the current database or the one i am importing?  do i just need to define more fields?
Solution
Accepted by topic author seemre
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I would open the DBF file in Excel and remove unwanted columns and then save the file as a test delimited file and import that into the ACT! database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

That was it!  I was ready to bang by head against the wall because I didn't think I could do it.  I very much appreciate your help, thanks again.