Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

contacts disappeared in Sage Act Pro 2011, but companies data remains

contacts disappeared in Sage Act Pro 2011, but companies data remains

I was working on cleaning up my database and all the contacts except my own have vanished.  Please advise.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: contacts disappeared in Sage Act Pro 2011, but companies data remains

[ Edited ]

Hello Jean,
Were you deleting contacts as part of the clean-up? Hopefully you made a backup of your database before you started cleaning it up, or have a recent backup. You can see if the contacts are still in the database using this method:
- Click your Windows Start button, either click Run or go to the Search box on your Start menu, and type actdiag. This will open the ACT! Diagnostics utility (ACTDiag)

- In ACTDiag, click Databases > Database List, Locate your database on the list and click the box to the left of it to highlight it.

- Go to Actions > Database Reports > Database Structure > Table Recordcounts Reports

- Near the top of the report, you will see the number of contacts in your database. This will tell you if they are actually gone or just not accessible.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

So it appears that they are gone (see below).  At no point was I given a warning that contacts were being deleted.  Please help me figure out how this happened, and whether the contacts can be restored.

ENTITY: Contact
Table Displayname Records Table Physicalname
-------------------------------- ----------------- --------------------------------
Contact 1 TBL_CONTACT
--- Type Breakdown ---
*My Records (Users) 1
--- Access Breakdown ---
*Public 1
Address 0 TBL_ADDRESS
Company Contact 0 TBL_COMPANY_CONTACT
CONTACT_ACTIVITY 347 TBL_CONTACT_ACTIVITY
Contact Relationship 0 TBL_CONTACT_CONTACT
CONTACT_HISTORY 603 TBL_CONTACT_HISTORY
CONTACT_NOTE 0 TBL_CONTACT_NOTE
Contact Opportunity 0 TBL_CONTACT_OPPORTUNITY
Email 0 TBL_EMAIL
Group Contact 0 TBL_GROUP_CONTACT
Phone 0 TBL_PHONE
User 1

Sorry to see this. Unfortunately, you cannot bring them back - you would have to restore a backup. ACT! would not randomly delete all your contacts, and you would get a confirmation message when you delete contacts and the contacts would have to selected, so I really cannot tell you what happened.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Well - that's what happened.  The company data remains, but the contacts are gone, and there was no message.  So thanks for the insult.  I do have a backup from a few hours earlier, but that's three hours of work lost.  Unbelievable.

Again, sorry this happened, and I did not intend to insult you. Just giving you my feedback based on the information provided.

Greig Hollister