Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

contacts deleted after updating to act 2009

contacts deleted after updating to act 2009

I have act 2009 v11 and I also sync my act.  Ever since we got the new one it has been slowly deleting contacts daily.  I was wondering if it is progam error or if the upgrade mess up.  Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?

Marti

Re: contacts deleted after updating to act 2009

What type of sync (handheld or remote database)?  Do you notice missing data after a sync?  Be sure to backup your database regularly and run database maintenance.  You can run these both automatically using the ACT! Scheduler.

How to Automatically Back Up Your Database

How to Automatically Perform Database Maintenance

Re: contacts deleted after updating to act 2009

I am not sure on the type of sync we are doing.  We have the database on the server and I sync it with my computer.  We have the 2 lisence. One on my computer on on the server and the one on the server is the same lisence my boss has on his computer.  We don't notice it after the syncing.  We tend to notice it a few days later.  We are now doing adjustments to contacts from the server and not uing the one on my computer.  I am not sure how to do the other thing you told me to, but I will try to learn.  We back up once a week.  We cant get to our original backup that had all the correct info on it since we upgraded.  The one deleted we are noticing, but they arent the contacts I am adjusting before the sync.  They are from previous sync. I will try the other thing and we shall see how it goes from there...thank you for your help.