Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

contact report empty, only shows heading, footer, and record owner at top. Everything else missing.

Copper Super Contributor

contact report empty, only shows heading, footer, and record owner at top. Everything else missing.

In act 2007, when I do a contact report, it shows nothing about the contact.  Is it because I deleted the user1 to user 10 fields?

I did modify the report and deleted the user field boxes and saved it under another name, but it too is empty.  I even tried creating a new database. It too has an empty contact report. Any ideas.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: contact report empty, only shows heading, footer, and record owner. Everything else missing.

Additional test info:  When I made a new database and added a few contacts, the contact report was still empty, but the other repots do show data (contact directory).

When I imported the act9demo db, when it was done, the contact report started showing data on the imported contacts, but the original contacts I put in showed nothing.  Is there something I need to do (a missing step).

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: contact report empty, only shows heading, footer, and record owner. Everything else missing.

The standard contact report will not show the contact if all the subreports have no data to show. You need to change the section preference Hide On Empty Sub-Report in the report template to No.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129