Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

contact pop-up when 2 or more names are entered

Copper Contributor

contact pop-up when 2 or more names are entered

I am using Act! 2010.  When I add a contact with 2 or more names I get the pop-up to verify the correct name, which I want to happen.  But when I click OK or correct and click OK, the box goes away and then pops right up again.  This only started recently and was working properly when I started w/ the 2010 version.  Any explanation or way to correct this?  Thanks

Silver Contributor

Re: contact pop-up when 2 or more names are entered

Usually you would enter one contact per record.  The box does not pop up when ACT can guess what a contact's first and last names are. (mary poppins) , However if youhave a complex name (rip van winkle or Mary Ann Smithers) the box will pop up so you can enter the first last and middle names.

If you don't want the box to pop up, there is a check box withing the dialog box that will let you deselect the option to have this pop up.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Re: contact pop-up when 2 or more names are entered

Thanks for the reply.  I am familiar about the when and how of that pop-up.  My problem is that when it does pop up and I click OK, the same pop-up comes up again immediately and I have to click OK again