Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

computer on network not seeing database

computer on network not seeing database

Using ACT 2013 Pro and today for some reason the icon for Sage ACT is not in its normal location on laptop desktop but moved. Clicking to open my database provides message 'the last database opened cannot be located. This could be because it has been deleted, moved or network issues are preventing access to it.

I click ok to go find the database in the 'open/share database' folder and it shows just a demo database.  On the computer that has the database when clicking same folder it shows the database and it has been selected to share.  The network is working as I can print to a printer that is on the network.

So no idea how to locate the database at this stage.  Have rebooted all computers several times.  Gone into act folder on laptop it lists just act2013demo as teh only file not advisor36.pad which is the file i'm seeking. 
No idea why it just disappeared as program was simply closed last evening when leaving office.

I'm using Windows 8 on laptop and Windows 7 on desktop.

Appreciate any help out there.

Re: computer on network not seeing database

figured it out as I had in years past when this happended but couldn't quite remember.  Had to follow path from desktop to folders on laptop to the database, failed to do it via network now I know.