Search instead for 
Do you mean 

compatibility with CrashPlan

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

compatibility with CrashPlan

[ Edited ]

I am using Crashplan and have it setup for autobackups running in the background. The Outlook PST and ACT DB files are not being backed up when they are in use.

I have also run manual backups where all files are closed and I terminated all ACT and Outlook processes in Task Manager but it appears it is still not able to backup ACT, although PST is fine. I did find one ACT service still running in Task Managaer and it will not allow me to end it.

Outlook has a plugin that creates a dump file which should solve the PST issue.

In the interim I am just backing up the ACT files locally and those get backed up.  I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if there is a recommended solution?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author topaz99
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: compatibility with CrashPlan

The ACT! datebase is opeened by the SQL server at boot time and the server would need to be stopped to backup the ACT! database files. Best to use the ACT! scheduler to make rutine backups of the ACT! database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author topaz99
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

The ACT! datebase is opeened by the SQL server at boot time and the server would need to be stopped to backup the ACT! database files. Best to use the ACT! scheduler to make rutine backups of the ACT! database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi,

Crashplan is not supporting any backup of SQL, so if you run the built in Backup feature from ACT, it will store your backup on your local drive, and this backup will be backup´d by Crashplan. As Crashplan is backing up your files constantly, (not starting a job once a day) it is not working for any software that is opening files like the uses SQL Server

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040