Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

companionlink express with ACT 11.0 & VISTA 64 bit

companionlink express with ACT 11.0 & VISTA 64 bit

I am really struggling to sync up to my Windows Mobile Phone (ATT HTC Fuze) using Act Link for Pocket PC.  I am considering Companionlink Express ($49) in hopes that it will simplify the process, and sync up with ACT directly.  As it is, I had to export ACT to Outlook and then sync up to outlook, because regardless of how I change the settings, something prevents Active Sync from connecting directly with ACT.  Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Re: companionlink express with ACT 11.0 & VISTA 64 bit

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon Dale,

I'm using companionlink express with my Blackberry with good results. I've got it set to sync with Microsoft office as well as the "add in" supported

by companionlink express which allows it to update / sync my Act! & Outlook databases. So no need to "Import & Export". 

The databases & calendars on my laptop - Outlook, Act! & Blackberry are all in sync.....

I've taken it one step further and am now syncing my office computer Outlook as well... so that's now 4 that companion link express is syncing for me.

I'm going for the fence and working on getting Act! on my desktop to join in so I've got my work & personal pc syncing with my blackberry...

if I make a change in one I've got all up to date.

I've found depening on which database you actually make the change you made need to sync twice to get all info to come

accross clean..

One of my pet peeves is with Blackberry's being so popular you'd think Sage would work on a solution to sync Act! with Blackberry so you don't need

to rely on a 3rd party vendor. But I'm sure they are aware of it and it's on the radar... only time will tell how long it will be.

If your only trying to sync one computer and one PDA phone you should have no problem.

Good Luck!

Ridge

Message Edited by Ridge on 02-16-2009 01:30 PM

Thanks for the input.  Hopefully I will experience the same satisfaction.
Copper Elite Contributor

Dale,

If you haven't started already I would recommend using the email support form on Companionlink's site to confirm device compatability and whether you HTC model can sync directly with ACT! or needs to sync indirectly via Outlook.

Copper Contributor

Dale,

The HTC Fuze is a Windows Mobile 6.1 device.  CompanionLink Express supports this and can be set up to sync your ACT! data directly to your phone, without going through Outlook (if this is what you want to do).