Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

changing Sched. Activity Window

changing Sched. Activity Window

Help....Please.

I went into the Tools/Pref. Tab and figured out how to change my calendar display to include quarter hours, which is great.

But, when I go into a client now to schedule an activity at the quarter hour...such as 8:15 am...this pop up window still only displays the hour or 1/2 hour...How do I also change the "schedule activity window" to show quarter hour increments?

Help..Thanks so much.

Sherry

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: changing Sched. Activity Window

Hello Sherry,
Unfortunately, you can't. You would need to go to the daily calendar view and double-click the start time to create the activity; or manually type it into the start time box for the activity

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank You, but I am still confused...Sorry.

If I am on a client name, choose to schedule a meeting or a Tod and I want it to start at 8:15, the window pops us and shows 8 or 8:30 but not 8:15, but yet, my daily calendar view I have changed to show 8, 8:15, 8:30, 8:45, 9....so I must be able to schedule something during those quarter hours, if the calendar view now shows these 15 minute increments...so how do I change my default for the schedule activity window, to include these?  Otherwise, I would think the calendar would not even allow these...what would the purpose be then?

Thanks

Sherry

I must be missing some place to customize the sched. activity window?

The activity window is a different in interface than your calendar view, and is hard-coded to show 30 minute increments. So changing the calendar view does not affect it. To schedule a contact for an appointment with a 1/4 hour start time, pull up the contact, go to the daily calendar, and double-click the start time. The activity window will populate with that start time and contact.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Ok, That works, but not the easiest, but THANK YOU.  This solves a dilemma with overlapping appointments that I need to separate since on occasion, I double book my boss, on purpose, so he can choose which appointment,but then ACT kicks out one of these to the right side of the calendar and he misses the 2nd appointment since 2 can't fit on the same line...Unless I am missing this too?  He would prefer to see both on the same line but somehow, ACT moves 1 of these off to the right, then he has to skim through all of the activities on the right to find the 2nd appointment. 

Thanks again.

Sherry

He should be able to see all the appointments in the Daily Calendar view. Usually, the Timeless activities are the only ones that do not show up on the calendar, but only on the right-hand side. He can also easily see all his activities from the Task List view, which can be filtered by date, type, and user.

Greig Hollister

Thank You.  No, ..When I have a duplicate...it kicks 1 out to the right.  I can see it on the calendar, live, but when I p rint it, it moves 1 over. Oh well.  we will use this quarter hour for now.

Thanks for all your support.