Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

cannot send email when merging mail

cannot send email when merging mail

Hi

I used to used ACT to send out email from outlook and it worked ok. However, I tried it yesterday and came into a problem. There were two contacts in the view list and I clicked on Write/Mail Merge...to Finish. The new email window came out as if I start writing a new email in outlook and it was for only one contact. I have to click on "send" in order to send it. After that, only the email address I clicked on send was appeared in the sent folder in outlook. If ACT worked as it used to be, the emai should be sent to two contacts automatically right after I clicked on Finish in Mail Merge. The new email window should not appear. Does anybody know what the problem is? Please help. Thank you.

Roy

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: cannot send email when merging mail

As background, when sending to a single email address - the mail merge process by design will display the email for the Send to be manually initiated. When sending to 2 or more email addresses, the send is automatic.

Your issue sounds like one of the email addresses wasn't recognized, so it only created the single email (and subsequently wanted the manual send).
Greg Martin
Sage

Hi gmarin,

Thank you very much. But what do you mean by wasn't recognized? It is a correct email address. I used to send emails to this email address before. Can you please give me some detailed suggestions?

Roy

wvp
Loyal Listener

you did select "current lookup" rather than "current contact" in the wizard, right?

Yes. There are two contacts in the lookup results. But I did the same thing in one of my colleague's computer and it worked in his computer.