Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

cannot access database

cannot access database

Help!  I've had my ACT! 2010 database working for a few months and all of a sudden I cannot access my database... 'the database could not be accessed.  In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify server is available...'  I've never seen this before but I cannot access anything.  When i open my Outlook it also comes up with 'The ACT! Address Book service is not properly configured, or the configured database pad is locked.  do you want to configure it now?'  When i click 'yes' it doesn't allow anything anyway.  Confused!  Can you help!?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: cannot access database

Hello SBABasketball,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

This is generally caused by the 'SQL Server (ACT7)' service not being in Started status.  Here is an article with instructions for checking this and other steps (should the service not be the issue): KB Article 19640.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: cannot access database

Hi Greg,

Before I had received your reply (and thank you for that!), I removed an anti-virus system that was loaded with something else that I had downloaded a while back.  I kept thinking that wasn't it because it's been on my computer for a while.  I never had actually registered the software but I kept receiving pop-ups, etc..  Once I removed the system completely from my computer, my database opened up.  Needless to say, having access to my 1800+ contacts is truly a relief!  I appreciate your reply very much.  Have a nice day! 

Darlene

SBA Basketball