Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

can't log on to updated database 2008 v10.0.3

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

can't log on to updated database 2008 v10.0.3

I have been using ACT 8 Premium but had problems with its email synch with MS Outlook 03. I have installed the trial version of 2008 as above. I have "saved a copy" of the old database in ACT 8 Standard as instructed. I have allowed Act 2008 to update the files. The old file doesn't require the user to login and it may have had a password years ago but this hasn't been used for yonks and I don't know what it is, if there was one. Now the new upgraded file asks me for a user name and password and as I don't know it, won't let me in.

Does anyone know how I can get past this log in issue?

Rgds,

MaKi

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author MaKi
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: can't log on to updated database 2008 v10.0.3

[ Edited ]

You will need to reopen the pre-converted database from within ACT 2006 (8.0) and reset the password.  This is done from the Tools/Manage Users menu option.  Also make note of the Username when you reset the password.  You will then need to re-convert that database to 2008 (10.0).  When asked to login during the conversion, just enter in the username as it was in version 8 and leave the password field blank.  If you are doing this using the same PC, you will need to uninstall 2008, reinstall 2006, open the database and reset the password, then remove 2006, reinstall 2008 again, and then convert the database.

If you still unable to gain access to your database, you can contact ACT! Technical Support.  They can use a special utility to reset the password on your database so you can access it.

Message Edited by ghollister on 09-18-2008 04:56 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author MaKi
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: can't log on to updated database 2008 v10.0.3

[ Edited ]

You will need to reopen the pre-converted database from within ACT 2006 (8.0) and reset the password.  This is done from the Tools/Manage Users menu option.  Also make note of the Username when you reset the password.  You will then need to re-convert that database to 2008 (10.0).  When asked to login during the conversion, just enter in the username as it was in version 8 and leave the password field blank.  If you are doing this using the same PC, you will need to uninstall 2008, reinstall 2006, open the database and reset the password, then remove 2006, reinstall 2008 again, and then convert the database.

If you still unable to gain access to your database, you can contact ACT! Technical Support.  They can use a special utility to reset the password on your database so you can access it.

Message Edited by ghollister on 09-18-2008 04:56 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.