Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

can not initialize email

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

can not initialize email

Trying to run a mail merge from a search.  Everything goes smoothly until the actual merge and then get the message "can not initialize email mail not sent"  Running ACT as administrator.  Running regular it went through the process with no error message but didn't send the emails or record history.

Running Windows 10, Act 20, Office 365

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: can not initialize email

Hi ecbuck1,

Try running Outlook as Administrator too.

Both Act! and Outlook must be either Administrator or not, not different.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Tuned Listener

Well it didn't work with them both running not as admin.  I will try both with admin but I would rather that not be my SOP.

Tuned Listener

Sent with both in admin mode (though not an optimal solution) but the JPG image I had inserted into the email didn't come through.  Instead there was a winmail.dat icon that opened nothing.  

Nickel Elite Contributor

Hi, I suggest Act! Emarketing instead of mail merges with Outlook

You can check the price list by clicking here

Initially you can manage the Basic Plan that allows you to send an UNLIMITED amount of mail campaigns to a NON-SUPERIOR number of 200 contacts - In this case I suggest to create a GROUP that does not exceed this amount of contacts to which you will send your mail campaigns

Designing and sending mail campaigns is very easy, CLICK HERE to find out a short list of short videos that explain this topic.

Best regards and Good luck

DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DATABASE DAILY - and place a copy of that ZIP file in a USB memory or external disk for more security in case your computer or server's hard drive is damaged

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Tuned Listener

Juan - appreciate the suggestion but have issues with that as well.

1)  I shouldn't have to pay extra for something that is supposed to be in ACT in the first place

2)  emarketing can't use existing .adt templates

3)  The template creator/editor is a mess

4)  The "send" window of emarketing doesn't scroll so I can't get to the bottom where I assume the "send" button is.  

Try closing Outlook completely, or test if it's a security issue by turning off UAC or antivirus temporarily. It should be noted that Act! has to be installed after Office in order for mail merge to work correctly. Often we have to completely reinstall Act! in order for it to make that connection to office again.

If that doesn't give you any reprieve, I would contact support directly so they can look at this problem directly.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Nickel Super Contributor

Billy - I have one client (Act! Prm v20.1 and Outlook 2016) where this error message appears when trying to click in the Contact email address. This started on one machine on Monday, another on Tuesday and another today. All are Win 10 Pro machines.

I worked on the first one with Act! Tech Spt (ticket #8010823061) and we: restarted SQL (KB29080); did a quick repair on Outlook; uninstalled and reinstalled Act!; reinstalled redemption.dll; ran Act! & Outlook as Admin; created a new Outlook profile for the user; logged into Windows as Administrator. None of these resolved the issue. Act! Tech Spt said the next step is to review the Windows Event Viewer and the Act! Log files. Can't do this until Friday.

Any advice?

Dan Pisano
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Dapian Group, LLC

Dan,

Sorry about how late this response is.  I have also seen this issue when clicking on an email address.  I haven't attempted to fix it directly until now, as I just got this message on my test system.  My event viewer:

The server {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

That GUID in the Registry is listed as Microsoft Outlook. According to my research this means Outlook failed to register itself within timeout values.  

I've just run an office repair, and my results were positive.  Immediately I could send emails by clicking on addresses.  I checked my other Office functions and everything is working fine.  that's the best suggestion I could give.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Nickel Contributor

This is a recurring error message even after Office is repaired - not quick repair from the control panel.

Client has Office 365 and Act v21 premium on W10 PC.

We repair and then either the same day or a few days later it reappears.

We need some help on this item.

TIA

Alanna

Alanna Galiano

Emerging Technologies Inc.

Atlanta, GA 30327