Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

backup cancelled suspect

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

backup cancelled suspect

Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3 (on local machine)
Windows 7 pro

I am receiving this error:
The following error occurred during backup. The backup was cancelled. Database 'msdb' cannot be opened. It has been marked SUSPECT by recovery. See the SQL Server errorlog for more information. Could not insert a backup or restore history/detail record in the msdb database. This may indicate a problem with the msdb database. Etc

I have checked your answer id 24695 and I am unable to find the SQLEXPR.exe in the dependencies file of my sage act pro 2012 disc?

In fact cannot find it anywhere on the disc nor does SQLEXPR /X command from the DOS prompt work!!

Please help

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pdwest
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: backup cancelled suspect

[ Edited ]

If you are talking about in Add and remove programs then it will be the MS SQL Server 2008 R2, if you click to un-install it will show you the ACT7 insance.

If you are talking about the folder to add the files then this is called MSSQL10_50.ACT7.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

I don't think you get the  SQLEXPR.EXE file in the dependacies folder as it's not in compressed format.

You should find he master file in :-

Dependencies\SQL Express 2008 R2\x64\x64\setup\sql_engine_core_inst_msi\pfiles\sqlservr\mssql.x\mssql\binn\template

or

Dependencies\SQL Express 2008 R2\x32\x86\setup\sql_engine_core_inst_msi\pfiles\sqlservr\mssql.x\mssql\binn\template

Thank you for that

I can see the following:

master.mdf

mastlog.ldf

model.mdf

modellog.idf

msdbdat.mdf

msdblog.idf

Should I use master.mf as a substitute for SQLEXPR.exe in your Answer ID 24695?

(To resolve this issue, you can extract and replace the necessary files from the Microsoft SQL 2005 Express package (SQLEXPR.exe)).

Kind regards

David

Nickel Contributor

If you are copying them off the DVD hen make sure that  you check that  the files are not read only once in the SQL folder.

The other alternative is to un-install ACT! and the SQL ACT7 instance and then just install it again as you ACT database wont get removed. 

which one is the SQL ACT7 instance?

just shows:-

MS SQL server compact edition

MS SQL Server 2008 R2 (64bit)

MS SQL Server 2008 Native Client

MS SQL Server 2008 setup (english)

Solution
Accepted by topic author pdwest
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are talking about in Add and remove programs then it will be the MS SQL Server 2008 R2, if you click to un-install it will show you the ACT7 insance.

If you are talking about the folder to add the files then this is called MSSQL10_50.ACT7.

Thank you for your help Chris much appreciated

Best David

Hi I am getting the same problem as before, as follows:

The follow error occurred during backup. The back up was cancelled

Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'. The du[plicate key value is (1150945).

Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 7 due to error 2601.

Check the errorlog for more information.

Backup database is terminating abnormally.PRA_ MAINT_BACKUP: ERROR EXECUTING DATABASE BACKUP STATEMENT

The statement has been terminated

am unable to rectify, I am using your answer ID24695 without success cannot find the SQLEXPR.exe file, also tried Answer ID: 28141 without success, after having reinstalled ACT 2012 I have the same error, is there a change I need to make in the registry?

Please help

david

Nickel Contributor

Hi David,

You will need to run the bat file from here, make sure you run it several times until you get 0 files affected. I would also right mouse click on the file and run as administrator. http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141

Thanks for your reply Chris, I have run the .bat file several times and keep getting this every time:

changed database context to 'master'

DATABASENAME

-------------------

LatPts

ACT2012Demo

<2 rows affected>

Type in the name of your main <Publisher> database from the list above