Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

auto sending of emails with mail merge function - error

auto sending of emails with mail merge function - error

Hi, i am running vista, act 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 1, outlook 2003, when i conduct a mail merge it goes through the stages correctly, and flashes up the message in outlook, but does not send automatically at this point, i have to manually press send for the emails to go through. how or what settnig do i use to let these messages automatically pass into the outbox / sent items?

many thanks

mark 

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: auto sending of emails with mail merge function - error

One thing to check in Outlook is the settings for how often it is set to automatically send/receive.  It may be set to a matter of minutes.  On my personal machine Outlook refuses to immediately send new outbound email.  Doesn't matter if it is from Act! or not...

hi, thanks for the reply, that is not the problem, outlook is set to send revive constantly, the problem is that it displays 1000 emails seperatly and i have to manually press send for each email, not manually press send revice for the whole outlook function

Bronze Super Contributor

Perhaps you are killing Outlook by dumping so much on it at once.

Try smaller merges and see if that helps.

If you are sending that many emails, you really should look at Swiftpage.  You will not have to deal with sending through outlook and you will have the advabtages of being able to actually see who is reading the mail, etc.  Further, it will also help to enfoce CAN-SPAM rules so that you don't have to worry about getting fined.

I am surprised that your ISP has not blacklisted you yet.  They typically do not want their connections to be used for behavior that can look like spam.

1 or 100 it does the same thing, i would certainly not pay for a service that helps me operate within the  CAN-SPAM laws when my 6 year old son can figure out what is spam and what is not 
Bronze Super Contributor

umm...  You are missing the point.  It's good to know that you know what spam is.

My suggestion is in reference to your potential for generating spam, not receiving it.  You are liable if you run afoul of the spam laws...  Tools like Swiftpage asisst you to avoid the legal ramification for breaking the law, intended or otherwise.