Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

auto Google calendaring integration

auto Google calendaring integration

I upgraded from Sage ACT pro 2011 to Pro 2013.  I wanted Google integration because I wanted to see my ACTcalendar on my android.  I I also love the history function!  It is so convenient to be able to associate an appointment, meeting, event, to-do... whatever... with another person's name.   However, in Pro 2013, when I schedule a "meeting" on my calendar it is showing up on my buddy's Google calendar!!!!   I don't want that to happen, especially when it happened to many people all at once the first time I synchronized after upgrading to 2013.  What an embarrassment.  People were asking me "how did you write your stuff on my calendar?"  How do I shut this feature off without losing the automatic history recording  that comes from associating events with people's names?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: auto Google calendaring integration

Hello ROffringa,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

This is a Google behavior. It occurs when an activity is added to the Google calendar that contains an email address that matches with a contact within your Google Contacts.

At this time, we are unaware of an option to disable that behavior.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg, I am sorry, but the answer you are giving is not an acceptable answer.    This is not "ACT/Google Integration" is more accurately "ACT/Google Destruction" or a client/customer termination process if sensitive information or notes kept in under the details field of the event is unknowingly sent to all your customers when you sync your calenders the first time.   It is terrible!    

Our organization uses google apps, so the ACT/Google Integration was welcomed as a way to seemlessly marry the two.  That is 99% of the reason I upgraded to 2013...to get the google/sync feature and it has created more way more extra work that it has helped.    

I have used ACT for over 20 yrs.  For 20 years I have scheduled appoints with people on my calander.   I can't schedule anything with anyone other than myself without the person I schedule it with getting an invitation to it.    

IE: I am trying to develop a realtionship with "Bob" .   I call and leave a message.    I reschedule the call with Bob in 2 days....Bob stil hasnt' talked to me but he gets an email to accept an apointment for the time I am calling him. 
If I can't do it this way how do you get anything captured in contact history?  

There has to be a way to solve this.   If not there needs to be a clear work around and before any purchases the ACT software it should be repeated over and over what is going to happen with "WARNING" messages before they sycnde the first time.

ACT! is saying Google doesn't provide for a way to turn off the email execution.   Well, then ACT! should stop playing the blame game and come up with a solution themselves, so they are saying we give up Google wins?   

Question:  Is there some way to code the contact name and email addresses of all scheduled events before they sync to ACT! so they are only identified contact wise with the owner of the calender?   If the event gets cleared in google and synced back to ACT! it matches the code and the event history goes back to the correct contact?   There has to be a solution.   If not, ACT needs seriously consider if they want to be promoting any level of google/integration with the product as is, because it doesn't work they way any ACT user would be expecting it to.   Frustrating!      

Copper Contributor

Does anyone on the planet figured out a way to use Google Apps with ACT!  and be able to schedule events in ACT on the ACT! Calender with the ACT! contact ,  without emails being sent to that contact?    If anyone has step-by-step process on how to do this it would be much appreciated.  

Hello. I am working inSage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0 and integrating to Google with a gmail account. When going to advanced preferences the max history is 30 days. I NEED MORE THAN THAT!

When my boss is looking on his phone or iPad at the calendar we need to be able to see what he did this time last year. How can I change the settings to make this happen, please, pretty please! 

Thank you!