Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

attachments sent by ACT are getting lost

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

attachments sent by ACT are getting lost

When we send out emails with attachments, they are being dropped. It might not be an ACT issue since Outlook shows an
attachment was sent but the recipient indicates none was attached.

Our ACT version is 2007 Premium for Workgroups

We are using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 to send our mail out.

I'm not an exchange admin. Would there be any logs on Exchange that I could look at to see if there are entries related to this issue?

Thanks for any pointers.

Andoven

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author andoven
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: attachments sent by ACT are getting lost

If you have Hot Fix 1 installed, it will read 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1 for the version under Help/About ACT!. If you don't see this, then the hotfix has not been applied.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

This may be an issue with Exchange where the attachments are being stripped from the message. There was also an issue in ACT! 2007 that was addressed with a hot fix. The hot fix can be found in KB 20517

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

How can I tell what version Hot Fix 1 puts me at? I'm currently running ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (ST Edition) Version 9.0.1.162 from the Help -> About ACT! menu. When I go to Help -> ACT Update, it says there are no updates, so I am thinking I've already installed the hot fix 1 for ACT 2007 (version 9).

When I go to the ACT website to download the file to see what version it says, there is no Hot Fix available for ACT!2007 Premium for Workgroups, only documentation.

There is a hot-fix download available for ACT!2007 9.0.1 Premium, but since I'm already running version 9.0.1, I'm thinking it is already installed.

Thanks, Andoven

Solution
Accepted by topic author andoven
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

If you have Hot Fix 1 installed, it will read 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1 for the version under Help/About ACT!. If you don't see this, then the hotfix has not been applied.

Greig Hollister

Astute Commentator

I am thinking that the ACT!2007 Premium hotfix is compatible with ACT!2007 Premium workgroup for Windows. If I apply the ACT!2007 Premium hotfix, it will not break my ACT!2007 Premium workgroup for Windows, correct?

Thanks, Andoven

No, it will not.

Greig Hollister