Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

attachment file name in History

attachment file name in History

[ Edited ]

I just upgraded from ACT v8 to v10 (upgraded laptop and it came with Vista).  Anyway, with my old ACT, it would just display the file name of the file you attach in History in the regarding/details column.  In v10, it displays the file path which makes it hard to view the actual filename as the path is so long.  Can you change the settings in History attachments so that it only displays the filename for the attachment?

Sorry if this is an obvious question but I didn't see anything in tools/accessories etc.

Thanks for your help.

Message Edited by IGBT on 06-02-2008 02:47 PM
Copper Contributor

Re: attachment file name in History.. the path is too long!

I have the same problem.  Why would the new version of ACT take away such a great feature.  Now when I attach a document or PDF in the doc or history the length or path is so long you can't see the actual document name.  The older versons of ACT would just show the attachment name.

What good does it do if you can't see the name of the attachment.

Is there a fix for the problem?

Re: attachment file name in History.. the path is too long!

No, there isn't a fix to this "problem", apparently the developers thought this was a good idea in this new version.  Some people made some suggestions which I am using for now but it doesn't seem as stream lined but maybe I will get used to it over time.

They suggested using the documents tab and putting attachments there, this is kind of cool because of the preview pane which I like.  The other suggestion which is a pain is they suggested creating a history on the history tab and attaching the file to it and then just call the history you created the file name.  Obviously this is a lot of manual work and not ideal.

I do like the docs tab but I don't want to put everything there.  I still can't believe they changed this and insert the full path name as it is completely a useless feature and a hinderance.

Hope the suggestions work out for you and hope that ACT make a fix for this (I emailed them about this issue).