Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

attaching emails to multiple contacts

Nickel Contributor

attaching emails to multiple contacts

Can something be done(without having to purchase an addon) to automatically attach an email to mulitple contacts(without it being done manually).

Pat

Re: attaching emails to multiple contacts

Is this with outgoing or incoming emails?  From your previous posts, you're on ACT! 2007.  That version can only automatically record outgoing emails to contacts.
Nickel Contributor

Hey David!

I actually have 11.0 right now.  Is there a way of doing that for incoming messages?

Also, when is 11.1 coming out?

Pat

Yes, you can create an Outlook rule to automatically record incoming emails.  The update is still in final internal testing and will be released soon.

How To Use Outlook® Rules To Attach E-mails To Contact History In ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0)

Nickel Contributor

David,

Let me give you a scenario and see if there is anything that can be done.

I get emails at work from AN individual from a Company we work with regarding another individual contact.  Both individuals are "CONTACTS" in Act 11.0.

When I receive an email, I want an email to go into one contact history and one to go to the other contact history.

It works with one contact, but the other contact does not get the history. Sometimes there's more than 2 contacts involved too!

Hey, I know I could create a group,  but how can a GROUP be created with having to manually create the group?  it's such a waste of time doing that when 100 of them have to be done a day.

All/Both contacts need the history!

Pat

Pat

No, because the email is being sent from one person. So it will only record history for the person that sent the email.
Nickel Contributor

OK, I knew that, but how could one reconcile the fact that if the email is to have ACTION performed on it FOR the OTHER contact, looking at the OTHER contact tells me nothing about what I should be doing for that OTHER contact.  The history should be FOR that other contact also.

For example, a supplier emails me about ANOTHER contact and the action is really for the other contact,  I can't create a rule that somehow makes sure both contacts have the same info?

I know what your answer is,  but there's got to be another way.  It would take an outside macro program to do this I suppose, but that kind doesn't make sense.

Pat