Search instead for 
Do you mean 

attaching emails through ACT! email

Astute Commentator

attaching emails through ACT! email

I have installed  the latest and greates

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0
English (Canada)

Does any use ACT! email? if so, can you attach email to Contacts, Groups and Company by right clicking on the mouse and using one of those options in the pop menu?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: attaching emails through ACT! email

You mean "Internet Mail" in ACT! or via Outlook?
Sent emails or received?

If email is properly setup, sent items should auto attach to the contact you send to.
If using Outlook, you can set up a rule to attach received emails also

You can also open the email history item in the contact and add more contacts or associate with companies/groups
Astute Commentator

I am using Act! Email only, no Outlook.

I did try it with Outlook, and that way it does work.

However, for my purposes I am relying on ACT!'s own Email. It worked fine with ACT!2010. When I upgraded to 2011, this functionality dissappeared. So I am trying to figure out what happened.

Can you please confirm whether you can attach to Groups and Company from within ACT! Email?

Platinum Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can confirm that this is a known issue with the Act! 2011 SP1 (V13.1) build when using the Act! Internet Mail program. Our Development team is aware of the issue but we do not have a target date for resolution at this time. 

Note: This issue does not occur when Outlook is used as the composing program for e-mails. 

If you have a backup of your database created before updating to SP1, you can restore it in the pre-SP1 version of 2011 - however it will not contain your updates made in the current database. 

I have sent you a link to download 2011 Pro V13.0 installation files through Private Notes, in case your situation allows for reverting to the pre-SP1 build. 

Note: You would need to uninstall V13.1 before attempting to install V13.0.

Greg Martin
Sage
Astute Commentator

Thank you for the straight forward reply. I only wish to I knew this before I paid to upgrade to ACT! 2011 from ACT!2010.

Reverting to an old version will take an effort. I need to know what is the likelyhood that this problem will be ever addressed.

So I can decide on the best course of action.

Incidently, is there a way to attach emails to Groups or Comanies from Outlook?

Platinum Super Contributor

I have checked and the Severity of this issue is High, but I can't answer when a fix will be issued.

Yes, you can attach an email to contacts associated with a Group or Company from Outlook. 

To do this:

- in Outlook > highlight the email desired

- click on the Act! add-in 'Attach to Act! Contacts'

- on the 'Attach E-Mail to Contacts' screen > change the Filter from 'All Contacts' to either Groups or Companies

- select the appropriate Group or Company in the field to the right and it will populate the 'Contacts to select from' column (left column).

- click on the double right arrow to select all contacts from that Group or Company

Greg Martin
Sage
Astute Commentator

Thank you, Greg. You were very helpful!