Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

attaching contact information to emails to othyer users of ACT

attaching contact information to emails to othyer users of ACT

I remember in earlier versions of ACT I could attach a Vcard to an email and choose to include notes or history so that other users of ACT could easily enter them into their program.

I have ACT 2009 and I can't find a Vcard option - I use Outlook as my email - is there an easy way to share contact information with other ACT users via email?

Thank you,

Earl

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: attaching contact information to emails to othyer users of ACT

Hello Earl,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. You can still import VCard contacts into your ACT! database, but you would need to use the ACT! Email client instead of Outlook. To switch to the ACT! Email Client, go to Tools/Preferences/Email and click Email System Setup. on the screen in the setup wizard where you are asked to select your email editor, choose ACT! Email Client. This will still use your Outlook account, but the mail interface in ACT! will be through ACT! Email instead of Outlook. The following Knowledgebase article provides instructions for importing VCards:

VCard Attachments In ACT!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: attaching contact information to emails to othyer users of ACT

Thank you - I was hoping I did not have to go back to the ACT Email client - but it seems the only way.