Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

attach reply emails to contact that replied

Tuned Listener

attach reply emails to contact that replied

I set up the rules in outlook to attach email replies, but they are only attaching my contact history and not the contact who replied to the email.  Also is there a setting to have the emails actually show in the eamils details rather than have it be an attachemnt that must be opened.  There does not seem to be any consistency with this feature

Re: attach reply emails to contact that replied

What version of ACT! are you using?  Did you mean you created an Outlook rule to attach incoming emails?  There isn't a way to create an Outlook rule to attach replies.  This functionality exists using the record history preferences.  You can change them by going back through the Email System Setup wizard

Tools > Preferences > Email

Tuned Listener

Re: attach reply emails to contact that replied

I set up the email to:

Select the type of history that will be recorded:

E-,ail subject, message and all attachments

Select what contacts get attached to the history:

All contacts.

It was accounting the emails that were sent from a contact to me, but the replies to emails sent to contacts were not showing up anywhere.  So I created a rule in outlook to attach any recieved emails to contacts found in ACT! and now the replies are only attaching to the TO: not the FROM: contact which is not what I need I want to record at the contact level what emails were sent to them and how or if they responded.