Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

annual events

annual events

I do not find a way in Act 2009 to schedule annual events for companies.  If I have annual insurance renewals for a business what is the best way to set these up so later I can do a search to find what companies renew in a given month.  Does anyone know if this is programmed into the insurance professional version?  It seems like it would be a no brainer to have as an option.  I am already setting up a seperate contact for husband/wife & making them a company so I can run birthday reports on both.  If the insurance professional version would have both built into it I would probably upgrade. Thanks

Copper Contributor

Re: annual events

Ok, I'm assuming you are in the insurance business.  Set the company thing aside for a minute and decide how precise you want to be, and lets say your first issue is car insurance.

Setup a car insurance field that you can use to keep track of the expiration date for an individual or company.  You can make that field a date field or simply make it a month field.  For example, Jan, Feb, Mar.  In January, you'd lookup all the people that have Feb renewals and review them.

Depending on the way you work, planning to the exact day might be overkill and a waste of time.

Tony Holowitz
John Anthony Group
tony@johnanthonygroup.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Create a field for the renewal date and make it an annual event date type.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

Roy,

I beleive he wants the event displayed and searchable in the Company view, not contacts view.  The company view doesn't have an annual event option, something that I have found irritating for several years in Act.

I have submitted it as a feature request several times. 

Mike