Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

adding second workstation

Copper Contributor

adding second workstation

I have been a ACT Single License user for some time now. I need to add on a scecond workstation to access a database. The way i understand it, you can add two more workstations to your single license without having to purchase another License. However, only one workstation can access the database at a time. IF this is true, then I plan on dropping my .PAD file on our network server and installing ACT on the second workstation using the original install disk from my original Single license. Once installed, will the second workstation be able to access my database on the network server or are their addtiional steps?

Thanks,
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: adding second workstation

The program can be installed more than once but with a single license, only one named user can access the database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

So does that mean Workstation 2 needs to log on as the user of the orginal licensee to gain access?

Yes.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks. If I buy another license and install it on Workstation 2, then will that workstation be able to access the database on the network (independently and at the same time as other licensed users?)

thanks,

Yes
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks. I currently have the .PAD file on the network server with 1 licensed user on workstation 1 and 1 remote user on workstation2 accessing thru the original license. Does the Network server have to have ACT installed on it in order for the database to work on workstation 2?