Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

adding contacts to groups

adding contacts to groups

In ACT 3.0 for windows I was able to open a group and add new contacts. In ACT 2005 I have never been able to do that. I have to add each contact separately by clicking on look up and then adding the contact. This is such a waste of time when I have 300 to 400 names to add. Is there a way to do it more efficiently? Theda
Tuned Listener

Re: adding contacts to groups

In the groups view for a group you can click on the Add/Remove contacts button and then click the contacts button. This will give you a dialog where you can add more than one contact at a time to a group.

I've tried that.  It doesn't put the contact iin the group requested.  When I go back to check there is no group listed for the contact.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

I'm using V10, but my last version worked the same way:

Bring up contact list
Right click in the window
Select Create Lookup
Click Tag Mode
"Tag" the ones you want to incorporate to a group
Right click in the window
Select "Add Contacts to Group"

The group list will appear for you to select the group to add your "tagged" contacts.

Hope that helps.

Dan Turner
Conyers, Georgia

I click on groups and then view groups.  I select the group and go to add/remove contact.  It takes me to contacts.  I click new contact and type in the info and click ok.  When I check the database the name has not been added to a group.

Our database contains 17,000 names with approximately a dozen groups.  I have about 300 new names to add.  I've been clicking new contact, typing in the info, right clicking to look up the zip code and the clicking add to group.  I double click the group I want add to. 

I have read and reread for the past couple of years, trying to make this work more efficiently.  So far I've had no luck.  I've tried the suggestions offered so far.  I can see how tagging would work, but it's not going to work any easier for me.

artoffire wrote:
I click on groups and then view groups.  I select the group and go to add/remove contact.  It takes me to contacts.  I click new contact and type in the info and click ok.  When I check the database the name has not been added to a group.

How have you checked to see if it has been added?

There are 2 ways:
From the Group, look at the Contacts tab.
From the Contact, look at the Groups tab

I do a look-up on the name.  When I click the groups tag under the info there is no group name posted.