Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

added new field but can't search it

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

added new field but can't search it

I just modified my existing layout and changed the field "Department" to "Project Name".  When I try to run a lookup on "other fields" I see the new field name "Project Name" in the list.  However, when I search by Project Name nothing comes up.  If I run a search on other fields and use "department"(the original field name) I get the results I am looking for.  Is there anyway to change this so I get results when searching by the new field name I assigned?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author lifter10
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: added new field but can't search it

It sounds like you only changed the layout, not the actual field name in Tools | Define Fields.

For what it's worth, many of the fields in the upper part of the standard layout are core fields in the database and I would suggest not changing those fields. It's better to add a new field rather than rename one of those fields. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author lifter10
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

It sounds like you only changed the layout, not the actual field name in Tools | Define Fields.

For what it's worth, many of the fields in the upper part of the standard layout are core fields in the database and I would suggest not changing those fields. It's better to add a new field rather than rename one of those fields. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the help.  I will go back and add the field instead of changing it.