Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

actdiag not working

actdiag not working

Using ACT Pro2011,  ACTDIAG version 13.0.401.0 don´t show any current database and point to old ones I already deleted, so far many error messages looking for physical files which no longer exists, and no point to valid ones. Try to install release  6.0.3.953 supposed to be the latest one, didn´t work, asked for me to have 6.0 before upgrade to  6.0.3.953

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: actdiag not working

Are you running on a network? ACTDIAG will only show databases on the local machine.

Why would you install the ACT! 6 version of ACTDIAG on a system with ACT! 13.2?

I am running in a local disk, single user.

Because I read over Sage site it says 6.0. is the latest one, I tought my release 13... should be other numbering.

Anyway actdiag don´t show any database.

Aso I found other error, I can´t do " save as"  command in any of my local disk directory (even the same where the current database is) it pop up the message "Make sure you have access to the directory" I go back to Properties and open for read write and still the same. 

Thanks

6.0.3.953 is the latest one for ACT! 6.0

You need Full Access, not just Read/Write

Please note I am saving on the same diretories I did before, same directory where all databases resides, also I tried on the external USB, none is working, same message everytime. I have Full Acces, laptop , one user.

Thanks

You can't create a database on a USB drive. You can only create databases on the local drive

What were you trying to use ACTDIAG to do?

I create database at USB drive since USB drive exists, I do that on a daily basis, since I could not create it anymore, in anywhre, I went to read SAGE FAQ, it was recommended a check on the database using ACTDIAG. I am trying Save Copy as...

You should be able to create databases on an external drive. It's not supported for SQL databases as they are loaded when Windows starts and the system can't know that the drive will be there at that time

The command Save Copy As... is not working in none of my 2 computer, each with local disk database !!!