Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act v16 restore without backup

act v16 restore without backup

Act was installed on a server that had an issue and wouldnt boot any longer. I was able to recover the files from the share that I had for act. I tried to open the pad file after I reinstalled Act but it just sits there saying working. I also tried to delete the pad file and open with the .adf file. Is there any way to recover this data?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: act v16 restore without backup

If you have the ADF file and the "XXX-d\tabase files" the database can probably be recovered.  Do you have the ALF file?

Stan 

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Yes I have the adf and alf files as well as a the folder that is labeled database files
Silver Super Contributor

Then it can probably be recovered.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Awesome, any chance of getting some directions?

I have an old database from september. I can restore that but is there a way to import the data from the folders that I have to get back the data lost between that last backup and what is in these folders and files?

Silver Super Contributor

My directions would be to try what you have already tried which is essentially opening the ADF file after you delete the PAD file.  Since that didn't work I'd probably need to look and see why it didn't work.  That would be billable.  You can check the event log and see if there is an error message in there and post that and I can take a look at it.  There are quite a few reasons why the database might not open though and going through all of them would take a lot of time.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Silver Contributor

see if this helps
http://www.acttrainer.com/moving-an-act-database-to-another-machine-when-there-is-no-backup/
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider