Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act pro 2011 sharing database question

Accepted Solution Solved
Master Commentator
Accepted Solution

act pro 2011 sharing database question

hello,

i recently installed act pro 2011. i know that in act 2010 in order for people to share a database, they had to have the same exact version of act. i'm wondering if in act pro 2011, can someone with the premium version use a database that was created in the pro version.

thank you

tracy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author training2go
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: act pro 2011 sharing database question

To share a database in 2011, everyone will still need to be on the same version. 

If you want to 'give' a Premium installation a copy of a Pro database - they will be able to restore and use it.  But a Premium installation cannot share a database with a Pro installation.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author training2go
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

To share a database in 2011, everyone will still need to be on the same version. 

If you want to 'give' a Premium installation a copy of a Pro database - they will be able to restore and use it.  But a Premium installation cannot share a database with a Pro installation.

Greg Martin
Sage
Master Commentator

Thank you Greg for your reply. I will make sure that they all order the same version.

mhm

Re: act pro 2011 Install question

Just bought new laptop and act 2011 but have not installed yet.

I have act 2007 on older laptop.  Should I just install 2011 on new lap top and import new data base

from older laptop. 

Re: act pro 2011 Install question

Hello MHM,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

I would install Act! 2011 only on the new laptop - leaving Act! 2007 up and running on the old laptop until the new laptop is set up (database in place).  To get your database from the old computer to the new laptop you will want to use the Backup and Restore functions within the program.  Here is an article with the steps to perform:  KB Article 19211.

After the database backup is restored on the new computer, you will be prompted to update the restored database to the new format.

Once the new laptop is up and running, you could then uninstall Act! 2007 from the old laptop and install Act! 2011 on it - if you plan  on keeping the old laptop as a backup...

Greg Martin
Sage