Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act not recording email in the history when connected to outlook

act not recording email in the history when connected to outlook

[ Edited ]
I have an ACT Database in my outlook address book and I have all the boxes checked to automatically record history. BUT that is not happening. It doesnt seem like ACT and Outlook databases connect or update each other. SO, If i add someone new to ACT they dont automatically appear in the ACT Address book in Outlook so it doesnt record the history. How do I update the ACT database in outook? or is there another solution? I dont remember how I put the database there in the first place and I cant find directions.
Message Edited by shellbrodnax on 12-17-2008 05:33 PM
Copper Contributor

Re: act not recording email in the history when connected to outlook

You could of course simply remove the address book and add it back. Hoever I suspect that your ACT contacts may not be found because they simply do not have an email address filled in on the contact record. Outlook will only show you the contacts that have email addresses availble. Check this first, and if that does not seem to work try to remove the address book and add it back. Do this from ACT on the Tools Menu/ Prefernces/Email tab.

good luck.

Darrell Hicks
ACT! Certified Consultant/Premier Trainer
Endpoint Networks
www.endpointnet.com

the emails are in the correct place. I dont remember how to move the database into Outlook and I cant find the directions on doing it. But if I add a new database today. Then in two days add another contact into act. it doesnt transfer into the ACT on my outlook therefor doesnt have any new emails. Even if I put the email in my outlook it still doesnt record it in act.
Copper Elite Contributor

Please go into help menu in ACT! and click the About ACT! menu option and post that version number, also which version of Outlook are you using?

Start Outlook and create a blank message, click the TO button to bring up the address book.  Does the address book dropdown have an entry that

looks like "ACT Address Book - <database name>.pad"? If not then you are most likely using the Outlook address book and not the ACT! database.

History would not be written to ACT! if you were configured to use the Outlook address book instead of your ACT! database as an addressbook. 

How to Add My ACT! Address Book to Microsoft® Outlook® 2003, Outlook 2002 (XP) or Outlook 2000

How To Add My ACT! By Sage Address Book To Microsoft® Outlook® 2007

"Moving the database into Outlook" and "Updating Outlook" are different tasks. 

ACT 2008 10.0  and Outlook 207.

Yes I have the ACT Database in Outlook, in the "add ins" it is checked to record history in act. I did the upload of the database again and still nothing when I do test emails. I looked in some of the older contacts in act and it did work at one point. but nothing recorded since july 

Hello;

I/we have tried the outlook history import and 'Act' still does not record the outgoing email that has been sent.  Do you have any other suggestions?

kavatar