Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act! for palm os working on palm pre with motion apps classic,

act! for palm os working on palm pre with motion apps classic,

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

As you know the palm treo 650 / act! for palm os 3 / palm os hotsync manager / Act! 2008 ver 10.0.3.182 w hotfix 1

Is the last best answer to have your act! database fully functional on a mobile communication device. Can we please have that again, PLEASE!

It is becoming difficult and almost imposable to find parm treo 650 (the week link) in what was this perfect mix of ability and capability for mobile communications.

Today the only supported smartphone to make this work is the palm pre, with an on board application called classic from motion apps (that emulates palm 680/centro garnet 5.4.9) ( not the treo 650 garnet 5.4.8) and the wireless network for palm os hotsync (newest version only). And act! 2008 ver 10.

I have not been able to get the database to go over the palm, even after several hours, several e-mails answered and un-answered with and by Palm, CompanionLink, Motion Apps, and Act!. Any help you may offer is needed.

The act! program is in classic and opens just no data not contacts or anyting.

In the sync, classic goes to cleanup before act! sends to handheld the database.

Palm level 3 tech. support said its not likely that it’s the pre itself everything else is working, and its not likely its classic apps because it transfers other programs and data like delorme street atlas map files are syncing.

Motion Apps said in an e-mail (you cant call them) its in the conduit meaning act! for palm os Ver. 3.

Act! does not have technical support any longer for act! for palm os Ver3.

What are we to do when we relay on Act! as we have for years, on a smartphone to be used as a tool to make our business communication: calls, meetings, to-dos work for us?

I just want and need this all to work, any suggestions on solving the issues?

Please e-mail or call me with solutions,

JD

[Edit: Phone and email removed. Please use Private Messages to relay personal contact info]

Message Edited by ghollister on 04-22-2010 12:56 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: act! for palm os working on palm pre with motion apps classic,

If you want close to the full experience of ACT!, you should try Handheld Contact - runs on Blackberry, Windows Mobile (Pocket PC and Treo) and iPhone
Copper Contributor

Do any of the Addons work with this? I have the Iphone and other users have the blackberry.

Copper Contributor

Are any of the ACT! Addons viewable? 

My organization is "Company" focused, not contact - is there a way to view the companies, or is it just a Contact thing?

Thanks!

What do you mean "viewable"?

No, the core of ACT! and the way phones work are all Contact centric